As was outlined in earlier "Major Digital Project" posts, one of the main goals of the Teaching with Technology workshops was to:
- Explore, plan and implement a technology tool to support an instructional strategy or outcome. The model will support selecting, evaluating, and reflecting on the teacher’s plan.
- Share the successes, challenges, and implementation of the strategy or additional technology integration as a community of learners through a series of blog posts and reflections.
During our session we introduced the teachers to the SECTIONS model for evaluating technology tools. The sections model is divided into four parts: Define, Assess, Implement, and Refine. Our plan is to have teachers submit a blog post for each of these four parts as they work through their project.
Participants were given time during the workshop to complete their first post. In this post they answered the following questions related to the Define component of the sections model:
- I really want students to learn...
- I think I could be more effective in facilitating this learning if...
- The learning activity that I've chosen to address these objectives is...
- The technology I'm thinking of using to support this learning activity...
|Sample blog Post 1|
|Sample Assess Checklist|
As teachers work on their class projects they will be asked to submit two more blog posts. The second blog post will address the Implement portion of the SECTIONS model. Teachers will complete this post while they are actively implementing the project with students. In this post teachers will respond to the following questions:
|Sample Blog Post 2|
A final post teachers will be asked to submit will be for the Refine part of the SECTIONS model. In this section teachers will be asked to consider future changes or improvements. During this stage teachers will reflect upon: