Wednesday 13 November 2013

LiveBinder Summary of Learning

EC&I 831 has been great!  I can't believe how much we have covered in such a short time.  The variety of topics we have explored these past couple of months has been incredible.  All of the great references to web tools, resources, articles, videos, blogs, etc. has at times been a bit overwhelming.  In beginning to think about my Summary of Learning project I decided I needed a way to organize all of these resources in one place.  Below is a link to a LiveBinder I have created for the EC&I 831 class.  I have tried to divide it into subsections based on class sessions.  I have also included sections related to my Major Digital Project, Networked Professional Learning and Summary of Learning projects, as well as a section with a number of articles recommended by classmates on Google+ over the course of the semester.  In each subsection I have included links to related articles, suggested readings, web links, etc. which were mentioned by each presenter.  I have also begun jotting down some of my brief personal reflections for many of these resources in the binder as well.  This is very much a work in progress, and is in no way completely comprehensive, but if you need quick access to resources discussed in class please feel free to take a look.

Click here to open this binder in a new window.


4 comments:

  1. Such a great tool, thanks for sharing! I remember hearing about LiveBinder, but I didn't look into it. I wish I would have! I feel a little disorganized with the links related to this course and the resources gathered throughout the semester, LiveBinder would have really helped. It might be a little late to start one now, but in my future online courses, I will definitely try LiveBinder. Any helpful tips for a beginner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaela,
      Glad you found it of use. Once you get going on it, the site is very easy to use. For a lot of the tabs I simply copied and pasted the links from the Google doc Alec has been updating for us. The bet advice I think I can give you is to try it out and play. You can set your binder settings as private so that only you see what is in there. When you are ready to share with others you can always adjust the settings. I really like LiveBinders because it is a great way to find resources others have compiled for a topic. if you search for something like "Digital Citizenship" I bet you would find a lot of great examples of binders others have created. If you try it out and need a hand with anything let me know.

      Delete
  2. Cool way of putting this together! And, it's great that you are making this on-going. As Shaela hints at above, it probably would have been good to have provided a number of tools for notetaking/organizing at the beginning of this course that would have benefitted students (such as this).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alec,
      I have been using OneNote for all of my lecture notes. It has been a great program - I can't imagine taking another course without using it. The one limiting factor is that I haven't been able to make my learning visible, and to allow for comments and collaboration. For that I turned to LiveBinder. It seemed to offer a simple way to achieve those goals. I am sure there are other ways to do this as well, but for now I have been happy with the choice. Thanks for the comments.

      Delete